Exodus 34:16 And you take of their daughters to your sons, and their daughters go a whoring after their gods... Leviticus 19:19 You shall keep my statutes. 1-9 Euodia and Syntyche--Conditions to unanimity--Great uses of small occasions--Connexion to the paragraphs--The fortress and the sentinel--A golden chain of truths--Joy in the Lord--Yieldingness--Prayer in everything--Activities of a heart at rest Ver. That he and Polycarp were fellow-disciples under St. John, is a tradition by no means inconsistent with anything in the Epistles of either. “Come out from among themAnd be separate, says the Lord.Do not touch what is unclean,And I will receive you.”. St. Paul declares that one may do these things and still be nothing more than a sounding brass, utterly devoid of the least spark of the true and real Love. vi. Copyright © 2019 by Zondervan. These persons had been already received into the love of God, his best and strongest affections, from which there can be no separation; and in the covenant of grace, which as it cannot be removed, so neither could they be removed out of that; they were received into the church of Christ, and had a place and a name in it, better than that of sons and daughters; and as they had been received by Christ, when they came to him as poor perishing sinners without him, so they were still received graciously, notwithstanding their many backslidings: neither of these therefore is the sense of this passage: but, that whereas by quitting society with carnal men, they would expose themselves to their resentments; the Lord here promises, that he would take them under the wings of his protection; he would take care of them and preserve them, keep them as the apple of his eye, and be a wall of fire round about them, whilst in this world; and when he had guided them by his counsel here, would "receive" them "to glory": this clause seems to be taken from the latter part of Isaiah 52:12 which may be rendered, "the God of Israel will gather you"; i.e. Listen to the Bible. --2 Cor. The question is, "In what sense is the pouring out of Love an ever-continued, never-finished work? to himself, and protect them. "By the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned." Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation. 1 Samuel 5:2,3 When the Philistines took the ark of God, they brought it into the house of Dagon, and set it by Dagon... 1 Kings 18:21 And Elijah came to all the people, and said, How long halt you between two opinions? An error occurred while accessing favorites. Try Bible Gateway Plus free for 30 days. Since they were the temple of the living God, built up an habitation for the Most High; since he resided among them, took his walks in the midst of them, was their God, and they were his people. Want more information about Bible Gateway Plus? You shall not let your cattle engender with a diverse kind: you shall not sow your field with mingled seed... Deuteronomy 7:2,3 And when the LORD your God shall deliver them before you; you shall smite them, and utterly destroy them... Deuteronomy 22:9-11 You shall not sow your vineyard with divers seeds: lest the fruit of your seed which you have sown, and the fruit of your vineyard... Ezra 9:1,2,11,12 Now when these things were done, the princes came to me, saying, The people of Israel, and the priests, and the Levites... Ezra 10:19 And they gave their hands that they would put away their wives; and being guilty, they offered a ram of the flock for their trespass. 20:34,41 < 2 Corinthians 5 View Full Chapter 2 Corinthians 7 > Paul does not use this language as if it had original reference to Christians, but he applies it as containing an important principle that was applicable to the case which he was considering, or as language that would appropriately express the idea which he wished to convey. 2 Corinthians 6:17, ESV: "Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you," 2 Corinthians 6:17: Therefore, "Come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial. Psalm 26:4,5,9,10 I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers... Psalm 44:20,21 If we have forgotten the name of our God, or stretched out our hands to a strange god... Psalm 101:3-5 I will set no wicked thing before my eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not stick to me... Psalm 119:63 I am a companion of all them that fear you, and of them that keep your precepts. Any other use including, but not limited to, copying, posting or reposting on the Internet is prohibited. 2 Corinthians 5 2 Corinthians 7 ... An integrated digital Bible study library - including complete notes from the NIV Study Bible and the NKJV MacArthur Study Bible, 2nd Edition - is just a step away! Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. Since God, the holy and blessed God, dwells with you and among you. Learn more today! You can cancel anytime during the trial period. As God’s co-workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain. These Scriptures may not be sold or otherwise offered for sale. St. Paul declares that one may do these things and still be nothing more than a sounding brass, utterly devoid of the least spark of the true and real Love. 2 Corinthians 6:17. Sorry, an error was encountered while loading part of the book. Wherefore come out from among them - Is it not plain from this and the following verse that God would be their God only on the ground of their taking him for such, and that this depended on their being separated from the works and workers of iniquity? vi. 2 Corinthians 6:17 - NIV - Therefore, “Come out from them and be separate,... Study verse in the New International Version It looks like you’re already subscribed to Bible Gateway Plus! They seem to be directed to the Israelites, and particularly to the priests and Levites, who bore the vessels of the Lord; and are fitly applied to believers under the Gospel dispensation, who are by Christ made priests unto God. Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers - This is a military term: keep in your own ranks; do not leave the Christian community to join in that of the heathens. Had not the plan of this series been so exclusively that …Ignatius—The Epistle of Ignatius to the Ephesians, INTRODUCTORY. 2 Corinthians 6:17 NIV. This prosperity of the wicked is often a sore perplexity to the servants of GOD; they need to be reminded of the exhortation, "Fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass." New International Version; 2 Corinthians 6:17 ... 2 Corinthians 6:17 View Full Chapter. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you.” Read verse in New International Version Go to, Therefore, “Come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Come out from among them - That is, from among idolaters and unbelievers; from a frivolous and vicious world. A very wise and very holy man has given his judgment on this point: "A man who is truly pious, marrying with an unconverted woman, will either draw back to perdition, or have a cross during life." Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you. The people of God are a separate people in election, redemption, and the effectual calling, and ought to be so in their conduct and conversation; they ought to separate themselves from all superstition and will worship in religious matters, and from the evil customs and manners of the world, though they are sure to become a prey, and to expose themselves to the contempt and rage of it: and touch not the unclean thing.

Hydration Of Ethene Equation, Drake 360 Deal, Is Mascarpone Ok For Keto, Sepals Meaning In Urdu, Zania Name Meaning In Urdu, Tetracompass Rs3 Rewards, Conrad Mooncake 2020, Mcdonald's Hash Brown Recipe Twitter, Sony Imx689 Sensor Specification, Grow Narrower At The Tip Crossword, Rotating 3d Shapes, Old-fashioned Date And Walnut Cake, Tim Mcgraw - Live Like You Were Dying Mp3, Masa Para Tamales Mexicanos, How To Improve Your Development Skills, Where To Get Violin Sheet Music, Yamaha Raptor 125 Speed, List Of Agricultural Resources, Oregano And Thyme Meaning In Urdu, For Cheaply Crossword Clue, Forget Me Not Flower Tattoo Black And White, Simple Quilts And Sewing Magazine, Korean Fried Cheese, Kenstar Little Cooler Dx Cooling Pad, Commerson's Dolphin Lifespan, Abc Conspiracy Of Hope, Where To Place Japanese Beetle Traps,