Bennett Books Ltd Navi Rintracciate e Assicu. She helps define the cause, effects and treatments of menopause. It also discusses how varied it can be for each one of us depending on various factors and experiences in our lives. After a June 1992 appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show , the book went back for a number of reprints and eventually hit the #1 spot on the New York Times bestseller list. Sheehy herself acknowledged shortcomings, notably that there was much to say about life after age 50. In this updated and expanded edition, she presents essential new data in chapters on The Perimenopause Panic, Menopause in the Workplace, Estrogen and Brainpower, and New Frontiers in Treatment. The response from readers was immediate, clearly confirming that the article had cracked ``the last taboo.'' Gail Sheehy, the journalist, commentator and pop sociologist whose best-selling "Passages" helped millions navigate their lives from early adulthood to … Analizza anche le recensioni per verificare l'affidabilità. Utilizziamo cookie e altre tecnologie simili per migliorare la tua esperienza di acquisto, per fornire i nostri servizi, per capire come i nostri clienti li utilizzano in modo da poterli migliorare e per visualizzare annunci pubblicitari. I recently bought it as I wanted to make a gift of it to a dear friend who was leaving the area permanently. I was advised to read this book and what I like most is how so many different women across the globe react to this inevitable life experience. Gail Sheehy expected to sail right through her own menopause, although she didn’t know anything about it. © 2020 Simon & Schuster, Inc. All rights reserved. Candid, enlightening, inspiring, and witty, with the latest information on everything from early menopause to Chinese medicine and natural remedies, The Silent Passage is an indispensable reference for every woman. Thank you for signing up, fellow book lover! Spiritual Development Some research indicates that over 90 percent of the U.S. population has a belief in a divine power or force greater than oneself. Equal parts intimate biography and brutal clinical reportage, Skloot's graceful narrative adeptly navigates the wrenching Lack family recollections and the sobering, overarching realities of poverty and pre–civil-rights racism. Gail Sheehy writes books that wrestle with hefty subjects. Though the style may not be to everyone’s liking (section titles include “Dancing Around Depression” and “Educating Your Man”), Sheehy is exploring important, new territory here. Non è stato possibile aggiungere l'articolo alla Lista. Most of the physical effects are very similar and others are unique. It will validate the fact that you are not going crazy! Si è verificato un problema durante il salvataggio delle preferenze relative ai cookie. It is not a remedies book, but rather what is going on in our minds, bodies and spirits as changes continually come into our bodies. She breaks down the traditional beliefs, myths and fears of menopause with the different life styles and geographical location that one lives in. Definitely A Must Read For Peri-Menopausal Women, This is the second copy of Gail Sheehy's, "The Silent Passage" (which I first purchased back in 1998 for myself.) Men, she says, are “programmed by evolution to live short, high-performance lives,” but women are “wired to endure.”. Offer redeemable at Simon & Schuster's ebook fulfillment partner. BIOGRAPHY & MEMOIR | We’re glad you found a book that interests you. Quite used and stained, zero stars actually. The response from readers was immediate, clearly confirming that the article had cracked ``the last taboo.'' Rebecca Skloot Per uscire dalla sequenza utilizza il tasto di scelta rapida relativo alle intestazioni per accedere all'intestazione precedente o a quella successiva. Investigating what she calls the gateway to a second adulthood, Sheehy renders it an opportunity for women to create a new companionship between mind and body. Gail Sheehy Sheehy’s motives are clearly stated. Tsui discussed swimming with Dara Torres, who became the oldest Olympic swimmer at age 41, and swam with Kim Chambers, one of the few people to complete the daunting Oceans Seven marathon swim challenge. HarperCollins Publishers Ltd (22 March 1993). This short volume is an outgrowth of an article that Sheehy wrote for Vanity Fair when she began to experience menopausal symptoms. The author also talks to several women about how they coped and what they think of the treatments they have tried. Please try again. It looks at the years both before and after menopause as well, believing that signs of menopause come much earlier in our lives than we notice, and continue much later.

Garden Of Life Sport Organic Plant-based Protein Chocolate, Jasmine Color Chart, Apple Maggot Barriers, Viking 3-ply Hybrid Plus, Wh Question And Answer, Kmise Bass Ukulele Review, Molson Canadian Ingredients, Vattamalai Murugan Temple Komarapalayam, Lebanese Kafta Recipe, Contract Law Explained, Doctor Strangefate 1, Homemade Dog Food With Green Beans, 1301 S Western Ave, Chicago, Il 60608, Sky Direct Hack, Fender Custom Shop Guitar Tools, Pure Pear Juice, Throwing Down The Gauntlet Gif, Real Life Math Worksheets High School, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Hermes Choices, Classico Family Favorites Parmesan And Romano, Build A Bass Guitar, Dr Now 1200 Calorie Diet Plan For A Month, Small Yellow Balls, Death Tales Steam, Ewer Meaning In Urdu, Apple Cider Vinegar Fermentation Process, Kalorik Smart Fryer Manual, How To Build A Garage Workbench, Mustard And Mayonnaise Sauce, Le Creuset Gray Interior, Burger Got Soul Menu, Baked Mochiko Chicken, Vegan Options Amsterdam, Chocolate Mousse No Eggs, Brita 35557 Replacement Filters,