that stuff is GOOD. Randall Berger on 10/12/08 at 11:41 am, Comment by http://www.crunkenergydrink.com/, That looks and sounds as if eating it were a sacrifice. You are saved! I am looking for my boss, a Lotte chocolate bar with almonds…he said he used to be able to get it when he visited Korea and can’t find it anymore. Check out Chinatown. The flavor is more milky and perhaps a little burnt tasting as several people have mentioned to me. candy and otherwise finds from Japan. (more) Crunky Chocolate - Salted Caramel - the description on JBox said that this was a salted caramel bar. Sera - yeah, I knew that you weren’t fond of it and I was pretty sure even before I ordered it you were dead on ... but sometimes I feel like I have to learn these lessons the hard way (and I thought salted chocolate caramel was at least different from the other fare we have access to in the States). It doesn’t taste like chocolate, it doesn’t look like chocolate. In this episode from last month, Maria and I talk about the never-duplicated LemonHeads and their companion candies. In the latest Candyology 101 podcast, Maria and I tackled a little-celebrated candy bar, the Whatchamacallit. I did the exact same thing a few days ago for Chocolate NECCO wafers…blech! I agree with you though, you gotta try them for the sake of trying them! He said it is similar to the Hershey Almond bar, but the almonds are much better. This choco bar is filled with crispy malt puffs and comes in unique flavors such as vanilla ice cream, Hojicha latte, and more. The things you do for the readers…. It might be shaped like chocolate, but it’s not. I like the name, it has a good onomatopoeiaic sense to it. I liked the format of the bar, I’ve always found Crunch bars a little too flat, I want the crispies to be really surrounded (I rather prefer the Easter egg versions). Hahaha, yeah, I think I mentioned my lack of love for Crunky on the Flickr photo you posted. You CAN get Crunky in Australia. Lotte is a huge company, based in both South Korea and Japan, so there are lots of places where you may see these bars in Asia. pandk on 5/15/09 at 11:42 am, Comment by It debuted back in September 1974 and has been loved by many ever since! i usually hate white chocolate, but lately i’ve been craving it! Lotte Confectionery has been taking a lion's share of Korea's ice cream market by offering an array of popular bar… I bought a whole box in one of those Asian supermarkets. (JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address), Candyology 101 - Episode 35 - Whatchamacallit. I fixed it! - candy fandom in the form of a blog. But I knew I had to give it a try eventually. I’ve been looking at Crunky for a few years now. The slightly burnt flavor was also nice as were the crunchies with their malty hit. We’re also trying out a new format, which is a little shorter, like a handful of fun size candy bars! Lotte is a huge company, based in both South Korea and Japan, so there are lots of places where you may see these bars … Also, watch some of the wacky Crunky TVCs on YouTube. My feelings of betrayal aside ... it’s nice, and I actually grew rather fond of the not-so-sweet taste. Why buy a Japanese or Korean cheap chocolate bar when we have plenty of them here in the States. Crunky Chocolate - my feelings for the first bar I tried were set aside for this experience. Crunky chocolate is a popular Japanese chocolate candy bar created by Lotte — the same manufacturer for Japanese sweets like Koala’s March and Toppo! Randall679 on 5/15/09 at 11:59 am. I was expecting, as the picture seems to have, some chocolate and some caramel. (more), All content (text and photos unless otherwise credited) is copyright 2005-2020 by Cybele May. the salted caramel bar actually sounds nice! Candyology 101 - Episode 35 - Whatchamacallit malt crunchies and not-so-sweet white chocolate, yum. The name, a portmanteau of the words “crazy/chronic” and “drunk” referring to the state of being both drunk and high on marijuana/cocaine, at the same time. Analia on 6/03/08 at 3:08 am, Comment by Tristyn on 5/25/07 at 9:45 am, Comment by Let’s all take a break with KitKat on this episode of Candyology 101. You must have JavaScript enabled in your browser to utilize the functionality of this website. It wasn’t creamy, it didn’t melt in my mouth. The wrapper isn’t in English so I’m at a loss to read the rest of the description, but as far as I’m concerned, this is not chocolate. Why buy a Japanese or Korean cheap chocolate bar when we have plenty of them here in the States. You guys are out of your minds. For a daily update of Candy Blog reviews, enter your email address: Candyology 101 - Episode 37 - Lemonheads It’s just one of the many reasons I think so highly of you Cybele! Tristyn - I have a very long explanation about why I’ve suddenly had so much trouble spelling ... but I’ll save that for when I’m not working at my top sekrit job. I find the discarded ones and post on my site, (But they could probably sucker me with some limited edition variety ... because I’m a sucker like that.). Well, that ‘is’ good news!! Lotte Crunky Chocolate Balls - Strawberry. Neither of these set my world on fire. Crunk is a type of hip hop music, originating in Memphis, Tennessee in the early 1990s. A good find, if I must say so myself! Interesting review, but I wondered if you noticed this…, “The easy to open boks reveals a large flat bar”. But I knew I had to give it a try eventually. box reveals a large flat bar (well, mine got a little bent in transit from Japan) wrapped in a light matte foil. Ice cream. i went back and did a search for white chocolate in case you reviewed it and i found it-Green&Black; vanilla white chocolate! Candyology 101 - Episode 36 - KitKat It got soft, it was rather smooth, but it felt more fudgy than chocolatey. but i can’t buy it where i live…maybe someone can help me? How about something tangy? Lotte Crunky chocolate is a popular Japanese chocolate candy bar! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crunk It also has the malted crunchies. It looks rather traditional, like a Krackle or Nestle Crunch bar, but the chocolate is definitely lighter. There is a Japanese food store in Taringa I haven’t checked out yet. It’s not the name that threw me, it just didn’t seem that appealing. Which seasonal candy selection do you prefer? I’ve never been a fan of Crunky. (more) Join our newsletter and get a FREE welcome gift! Crunky is the best chocolate in the whole entire world, I just need to know how and where I can get it to Australia…after a recent trip to Japan, the 10 packets we brought home was just not enough!! Crunky is worlds better than MOST candy you will find in the states. I’ve been scouting our Chinatown in Brisbane and have found nothing! This … I love the Engrish name and I’ll buy them for their pretty packaging, but I won’t eat it. Please do not use my photos without prior permission directly from me, they represent what I ate in preparation for these reviews and are not to be used for other purposes. Jim's Chocolate Mission - Jim's exhaustive search for the best chocolate candy bar (UK), David Lebovitz - personal guide for chocolate tours of Paris, cookbook writer and incredible blogger, Food Stuff Finds - Cinabar profiles confections & snacks from the UK and beyond, ZOMG Candy! Candy Critic - an exhaustive site of candy reviews from Canada, Collecting Candy - Jason shares his immense collection of candy wrappers and historical perspective to confectionery, The Candy Enthusiast - Sera's intricate notes & fabulous pictures of candy from around the world, Candy Gurus - Matty, Scotty & Jonny put candy to the test - it can be harsh but all done with love, Candy Professor - Yes, a real professor writes about candy and its place in American history, Candy Yum Yum - Patti's thoughts on candy as a writer and professional taste tester, Chocablog - UK based group blog with chocolate reviews from all over Europe. Nice word usage:  onomatopoeiaic. Sweets Obsessed Twitter List - many of the above candy aficionados also maintain awesome Twitter postings, you can follow along here. If I were in Japan or South Korea I would probably pick these up as a “safe” choice, but I don’t know if I’d mail order them again. The easy to open.

20 Inch Black Rims For Ram 1500, Car Radio Harness Adapter, Dunnes Stores Online Sale, Lesson Plan On Measurement Of Time, American Bank Note Company Stamps, Wild River Wilderness Trail Map, Baby Boy Names With Kam, How To Draw A Realistic Dad, Ridley Creek State Park Parking, Navien Circulation Pump Air Separator, Straight Bar Dips At Home, Morros Cartagena For Sale, Abductor Digiti Minimi Foot Action, Philips Hue Bluetooth Light Strip, Cbe Companies Ph, Inc Address, Best Restaurants Along I-81 In Virginia, Fisher Price Butterfly Cradle 'n Swing Replacement Parts, Bottle Service Led Wands, How Tall Does Orange Rocket Barberry Grow, Perennial Wildflower Seeds, Hyundai Verna 2016 Second Hand, Bridge To Quiet Animal Collective Wiki, Types Of Paint Brushes For Acrylic, Language Modeling Approach To Information Retrieval, Emergency Vet Eugene, Daphnes Sechelt For Sale, Body Solid Exm3000lps Assembly,