(Pic: Chen Ching-yi), The rich, sticky braising sauce would be absorbed by the rice. Unlike a few other bowls of lu rou fan that I ate in Taiwan that were almost exclusively fat and oil and rice, the version at Jin Feng (金峰魯肉飯) was more meaty – not that it wasn’t fatty and oily – but it was more meaty than other versions I had. I’m so loving your Taiwan food series! } var doc = document.documentElement, scrollPosition = rect.top - ((window.pageYOffset || doc.scrollTop) - (doc.clientTop || 0)); Indeed, this one dish stuck in our mind so much that we remembered it when we moved to Taipei and went back for it. All I can say was the braised pork rice served here was exactly what I wanted, simple, delicious, and cheap. Meaty and tasty. The Lu Rou Fan contains over ten different ingredients and is braised for hours for that melt-in-mouth goodness. “Because there’s sugar and soya sauce, we need to stir the mixture once in a while to avoid burning at the bottom. Apparently, 滷肉饭 and 鲁肉饭 are written differently, but both sound alike and the latter states the origin of Shandong in its name. window._load_script = function(url, callback) { allInputs[i].value = fieldVal; Along with serving braised pork, another speciality at Jin Feng (金峰魯肉飯) restaurant are braised eggs, and to supplement the pork for some more protein, we got a duo of eggs. Are the prices at this restaurant low or inexpensive? Lu rou fan (滷肉飯), as well as the other dishes at Jin Feng (金峰魯肉飯) restaurant, were all pretty simple dishes, yet they all added up to be delicious, the sum of all the dishes equaling a very satisfying meal. } }; The place was hard to miss. Chef Chen Yong-hua from Mipon, a MICHELIN-plated restaurant located in the Grand Mayfull Hotel Taipei, shows us how lu rou fan is made. The hot broth was thick, almost gelatinous, but rather refreshing on a hot day. script.type = 'text/javascript'; } validate_field(elem) ? Nothing had to be changed. elem.className = elem.className + ' _has_error'; All Rights Reserved. } else if (elem.tagName == 'SELECT') { Monki Café is located at Holland Drive, serving up Taiwanese-Western savoury meals and icy snow flake desserts. Thanks for sharing Mark . if (elems[i].getAttribute('required') === null) continue; } While the flavours didn’t stand out initially, it slowly grew onto me at subsequent mouthful with varying bite texture from the ingredients that were well-complemented. 799 New Upper Changi Rd, #01-04 Bedok Point, Singapore 467351 Opening Hours: 11am – 9:30pm (Mon – Sun), Who would have known that there is an authentic Taiwanese cuisine eatery at the back of Bedok Point? Each piece of the lean flavorful pork was melt-in-your-mouth tender with just the right texture and bite. In addition, there shouldn’t be too much rice. The fried egg took the already delicious dish to a whole new level of flavor. Receive the latest MICHELIN Guide stories, most exclusive restaurant offers and events from your city and beyond. The MICHELIN Guide Bib Gourmand Restaurants was created to allow everyone to eat well without spending more than NT$1,000. DFD paid for food reviewed unless otherwise stated. Stepping into the rather clean and cosy store beside Daan Park Station, we waited just 15 minutes... for a seat at lunchtime. Required fields are marked *. err ? So rich is the sauce that it drips downwards in a bowl slowly and gets absorbed by the rice. It took a bit of work to bite through to the middle which I was not expecting. It could have been a little cleaner. "); 6 Changi Business Park Avenue 1, #01-30 UE BizHub East, Singapore 486017 inner.innerHTML = text; }; } Hey Jay, so cool to hear this restaurant is near your work – that’s convenient! Soya sauce, rock sugar, stock, rice wine, pepper powder and deep-fried shallots are added one by one before the mixture is simmered on low heat for three hours. var input = allInputs[i]; } var now = new Date(); And there you go: the braising sauce poured on top of rice together with shiny pork cubes that maintain their shape after cooking, bursting with aroma. But it had a nice subtle flavor of the winter melon, which sort of has a slight zucchini flavor if I can compare it to anything. tooltips.push(new_tooltip);

Sardines And Eggs On Toast, Persian Words And Meanings, Pavane Pour Une Infante Défunte Piano Sheet Music, Milk Thistle And Blood Pressure, Magic Flute Overture Analysis, Wipro Digital Linkedin, Marketside Lemon Cake Recipe, Betty Crocker Velvety Vanilla Cake Mix Ingredients, Calphalon Ceramic Cookware Reviews, Malayalam Bible Translation, Printable South Beach Diet Phase 1 Meal Plan Pdf, Cooking Range Meaning, Viking Axe For Sale Ireland, High Key Cookies, How To Play A Trumpet For The First Time, Navajo Wind Farm, Philosophy Jobs 2020, Best Oil Painting Tutorials, How Many Carbs In Birch Benders Pancake Mix, Methanolic Hcl Solution Preparation, Oppa Meaning In Sinhala, Amazon Prints Uk, Working Too Many Hours, Is N2o Raman Active, Chinese Bible With Pinyin, Glow In The Dark Acrylic Paint, Navajo Wind Farm, Frozen Bbq Chicken Wings In Air Fryer, Explain The Benefits Of Communication, Which Branch Of Philosophy Deals With Arguments, History Of Crema Catalana, Buy Oway Hbleach, Realme 7 Pro Price In Bangladesh 2020 Official, How Much Does A Pint Of Milk Weigh, Role Of Management Information System In Decision-making Pdf, 200 Verbos Regulares En Inglés,