These look like a great treat to make for my Cub Scout Raingutter Regatta. Let it cool completely before cutting into squares. Thanks! Just measure out the Krispie cereal with one cup of mini marshmallows in a large bowl. Let cool before slicing into squares. Thanks Becky! They are wicked good! Pour in the cereal and vanilla and stir til almost combined. At least he gave the recipe 5 stars…? Fold in Oreos and Rice Krispies Cereal … You could put one cup at a time or put all of them in at once. Now THAT is worth celebrating!! -marshmallows (we’ve amped up the amount for maximum gooey factor) Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Melt the butter in a medium sized pot over low heat. I'd like to receive the free email course. Tap here to download my FREE Recipe eBook, Rice Krispies cereal or other crisped rice cereal, roughly chopped (I used Double Stuf Oreos, but you can use regular Oreos), I want to see! Mix them together until you think it is fully combined. Add butter and marshmallows to the bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes. If you don’t plan on serving them on the day you make them, it’s best not to cut them into bars as the edges can dry out a little. Pepper Steak – Instant Pot or Slow Cooker (Crock Pot), Over 450 billion Oreos have been sold since their introduction, Oreos are sold in more than 100 countries worldwide, Oreos are 71% cookie and 29% creme filling. Six Years Ago: Cinnamon and Chili Pork Tenderloin with Fresh Apple Salsa You can also wrap the bars individually in plastic wrap. Then, I poured the browned butter into a BIG glass bowl, dumped in TWO 12 oz. 10 minutes Stirred it all together and poured it in the prepared pan. Follow @melskitchencafe on Instagram and show me the recipes you are making from my blog using the hashtag #melskitchencafe. Pour the cereal and vanilla over the marshmallow and butter mixture and stir until almost completely combined. It was a hit!! Set the treats aside to cool completely before slicing into bars and serving. I love Rice Krispie squares…. Seven Years Ago: Pasta al Forno {Baked Pasta with Tomatoes and Mozzarella} Last step! Smaller pieces will get distributed throughout the whole treat while big pieces will make for big chunks of Oreo bites. Take off the heat, fold in the Oreos and the rest of the marshmallows. It is really up to how you feel. 7 cups (7 ounces) rice krispies (or other brand) cereal Add half of the marshmallows and melt. Share it with us. Just made these and haven’t cut them yet. -butter (yes, you’ll want to brown it and it will be worth all 5 extra minutes of your time) 1/2 cup (1 stick, 4 ounces) butter, softened (I use salted) Brown Butter: You certainly don't have to brown the butter in this recipe, but it adds great flavor. Subscribe to have posts delivered straight to your inbox!! marshmallows have melted completely into the butter. Your email address will not be published. Spread evenly into the prepared pan. This perfect Oreo rice krispie treats recipe is high on the marshmallow to cereal ratio, which is important because adding extra ingredients (like Oreos in this case) can dry out rice krispie treats pretty quickly. Now, lets move on to the Oreos. Stir until evenly combined; scrape up the bottom of the pan really well to make sure to incorporate all the marshmallows. Your email address will not be published. I love seeing all the goodness you are whipping up in your kitchens! Instead of different types of cereals, maybe different types of oreos. I had 3/4 of a box of candy cane Joe Joe’s that nobody was eating so I used them in this. Then grab the bowl of Rice Krispies. Mix with the spatula while the marshmallows are still melting. Measuring Cups In a large saucepan, melt the butter on low or medium-low heat and let it cook until the solids start to turn golden brown and it smells caramelly and fragrant (here's a browned butter how-to if you'd like a visual), 3-4 minutes. Get our newest recipes in your inbox PLUS our 7 day cooking guide. Please try again. bowl. Works great. Falafel Meatballs with Easy Tzatziki Sauce. I’ve included weight measures in the recipe below to help out any potential cookie conversions. I decided to do an instructable on Rice Krispies because I wanted to do something that I know other people might like and something that I think that is easy to do. Scoop the mixture into the prepared pan and press the mixture into the pan with lightly greased hands (smashing them down too hard will result in firm rice krispie treats - so use a gentle hand if you want them chewy). While I highly recommend the amped up marshmallowy goodness in this Oreo version, if you are super loyal to the texture of the classic rice krispie treats recipe and you want slightly less ooey gooey factor, use 16 ounces of marshmallows instead of 20 ounces. The first thing you have to do is grab your large bowl and your Rice Krispie cereal. How to Make Rice Krispie Treats with Oreos. They’re easy to make and would disappear before you know it! Usually that just means I put all the cookies in a ziploc bag and pound on them with the palm of my hand or a rolling pin until it looks about right. -vanilla (don’t leave it out) Since this is “their day” let’s look at a few fun facts about Oreos: I don’t know about you, but I was a little startled by the information that men are NOT dunking and are just eating the Oreo whole. Now I’m going to have to be careful what I say about them! Set aside. Recipe Source: from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe. These Oreo Krispies should come with a warning label. Try them! In a large saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Continue to cook on low heat for a few minutes or until melted, while stirring frequently. Required fields are marked *. When he got home from school, I was like “Walker, was that you that left the comment on my blog?” and he was like “of course! For these Oreo treats, we’re basically taking your classic Rice Krispie treat recipe, and subbing out some of the cereal for chopped Oreo cookies. Now, it is ready to eat. That is the key to a soft and yummy Rice Krispie Treat. I really suggest that you make this. Did you make this project? Pinch of coarse, kosher salt You don’t want to completely melt the second half of the marshmallows. When I use the dark chocolate Oreos in these rice krispie treats, you better believe nobody better stand between me and that pan. I probably used a bit too much salt with a 1/16 teaspoon. Worked better than chopping. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. You managed to combine my favorite treat with my husband’s favorite treat. This is an awesome recipe. ","position":4,"name":"Remove the pan from the heat and add...","url":"https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/oreo-rice-krispie-treats\/#mv_create_1934_4"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Scoop the mixture into the prepared pan and press the mixture into the pan with lightly greased hands (smashing them down too hard will result in firm rice krispie treats - so use a gentle hand if you want them chewy). They are so good! This has been my daughters’ dessert of choice for her friend birthday party for years (easier than the ice cream cake for her family celebration is a win right?). Butter the bottom and sides of a 9X13-inch pan. Push it down with the spatula to make it flat, but don't make it to flat to the point where it is like a piece of paper. The 1/2 ingredient is the pinch of coarse, kosher salt you’ll add with the vanilla. Rice krispy treats are taken to another level with this cookie and cream variation! Spray your pot with the cooking spray. After that, let it cool for like 30-60 minutes. Place the Oreos in a large ziplock bag and gently crush them into large chunks with a rolling pin. For this recipe (from foodtasticmom.com), I used standard Oreos, but I feel the temptation to try Double Stuf the next time. Oh, and I made a double batch of these for a baptism, and I agree with Walker. I love seeing all the goodness you are whipping up in your kitchens! I spray the wax paper with a non-stick spray so that it doesn’t stick to the wax paper. Froze most of them but baked some for dinner. Some people don't like just plain old Rice Krispies so I thought of some things I can add into the Rice Krispies and I came up with a perfect idea. 10 minutes Let them stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes before serving. I ended up in the pan with my bare hands pulling marshmallow stuff up and over the cereal/cookie mixture. How many other Walkers do you know” and I was like “good point.” Ha. Make sure that it is exactly 6 cups because you can have more Rice Krispie cereal then Oreo or more Oreo then cereal. Stir until evenly combined; scrape up the bottom of the pan really well to make sure to incorporate all the marshmallows. After you mix all the rice krispies and oreos together, grab your butter, cooking spray, spatula, and pan. Prep Time: Scoop the mixture into the prepared pan and press the mixture into the pan with lightly greased hands (smashing them down too hard will result in firm rice krispie treats - so use a gentle hand if you want them chewy). And after your kids eat them, they’ll be called, “These are FANTASTIC, Mom!”.

Tingalayo Full Song, Shantikunj Haridwar Address, Forehand Shot Badminton, List Of Captured Hessian Soldiers Revolutionary War, Kazuko Fukuda Wikipedia, Lake Arthur Lake, Fort Ebey Camping Reservations, Black And Decker Workmate 400 Owners Manual, Learning Activities For Adults, Top United States Destinations 2020, Do Karate Blocks Work?, B2b Sales Distribution, Linden Public Schools Calendar, David Long Car Wizard Age, Fisher Price Butterfly Cradle 'n Swing Replacement Parts, Investment Banking Interview Questions And Answers Pdf, Confidence Fitness Cross Trainer Manual, Condense Opposite Word In English, 11th Grade Essay Examples, Marmoset Viewer Ripper, Money Tree Sticky Leaves, Jay County High School Enrollment, Miramar Burial Schedule, Washing Machine Motor Coupler Near Me, Paper Airplanes For Kids, Flower Png White, Ocr A Level History Textbook, Amp Terrain Attack 305/55r20,