Also, sometimes you just want to be able to take a short cut and not have to prepare potato hash before making an entire recipe. Doesn’t this look amazing? This pleased a whole house full of fussy guests. Also, the tater-tots were frozen, it will take some time to get those properly cooked and up to temperature. Thank you so much Karen! Two pounds of tater-tots can be a lot for one mixing bowl. Frozen Tater Tots (We like to get the mini tots. Breakfast, all the way. Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Whenever I need a recipe for a special occasion Lisa’s site is my go-to! other ingredient variations: try different cheeses; goat cheese, pepper jack cheese, or cheddar cheese. Lisa XO. https://www.delicioustable.com/tater-tot-breakfast-casserole It should work just fine as I freeze eggs and tater tots. While the sausage is cooking, in a large bowl, you are going to crack your eggs and lightly beat until all the egg yolks are broken up. I wouldn’t add the cheese on top until right before baking, let us know if you test it out and how it goes Andrea! Remove it from the oven, top with the remaining cheese, and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly. Then, we are going to take our milk, cream cheese and taco seasonings and mix them into the eggs. When sausage is fully cooked, drain the sausage and mix the sausage into the tater tot mixture. Can I get you something delicious to eat? Step 6: Add 2 cups of grated cheese into the egg mixture (reserve 1 cup for top of casserole). Step 3: Spray 9 x 13 casserole dish with coconut non-stick spray, break 4 cups tater tots into the bottom of the dish. Bakes in 50 minutes and breakfast is served…. For this loaded breakfast tater tot casserole, we took my family’s favorite tater tot hotdish recipe and transformed it into a breakfast meal that will bring smiles to all of the faces at your breakfast table! EASY 15-minute recipe to make ahead for breakfast or brunch, bakes in 50 minutes. Sprinkle browned sausage on top of crumbled tater tots. https://fabulesslyfrugal.com/recipes/cheesy-tater-tot-breakfast-casserole-recipe Once we have our baking dish prepared, I like to get the breakfast sausage with the minced garlic started. This recipe calls for 9 eggs, but if you want to bulk this recipe up you can certainly add more. Super simple to make and absolutely delicious!! Lastly, before the dish goes into the oven, you are going to top everything with the remaining cheese. Plus, it’s always fun to eat Tots! I love this gluten-free option. Place the cooked tater tots on top in a single layer, being careful to cover the egg mixture completely. If you click a product affiliate link on Delicious Table and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you, ever! Also, what a great way to use leftover grilled flank steak or tri-tip, browned hamburger meat, chopped ham, crumbled bacon, or rotisserie chicken. Set the tater-tot mixture aside and finish cooking your breakfast sausage. After the sausage has browned, add in the garlic and cook for about a minute. Step 5: In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, can of Rotel, black pepper, and garlic powder. Plus, my boys LOVE this dish and I suspect they wouldn’t mind if I snuck it in at dinner every now and again. When Ore-Ida RAISED the price, people went crazy for them! I like to add the cheese very last so even the crushed crackers get nice and cheesy. Is your fridge, freezer and pantry overflowing with bulk purchases and now your trying to figure out how to make different meals with what you have? Set aside. They finally figured out that chopping up the leftovers, adding seasoning and flour, and creating “tots” was the best thing to do. By using eggs and breakfast sausage along with tater-tots and cheese, we will make an easy breakfast casserole that everyone will love. Spray 9 x 13 casserole dish with coconut non-stick spray, break 4 cups tater tots into the bottom of the dish. Large … In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper. Well, today we are going to be going over a Tater-Tot Breakfast Casserole that will help clear out some items from your supplies. So to my Aussie friends this is a Potato Gem Breakfast Frittata (it doesn’t sound half as cool as tater tot bake though does it! In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, can of Rotel, black pepper, and garlic powder. Mainly, if you eat it as the first meal of the day. baked tater tots, quick casserole, tater tot casserole, approx 6 cups, reserve 2 cups to decorate top of casserole. Why a Tater-Tot casserole and not a homemade potato hash/hash brown? Published: March 19, 2019 | Last Updated: June 13, 2019 | By Lisa Hatfield 7 Comments This post may contain affiliate links. In my Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole recipe, I’ve included: The best part of this tater tot casserole is that you can mix n’ match ingredients based on what you have in your kitchen! Did you know that tater tots originated in Ontario, Oregon in 1953? Pour egg mixture into greased 9x13 baking pan. Happy Cooking! Remember to stir your skillet every once and awhile to evenly cook the breakfast sausage and prevent overcooking or burning. This breakfast casserole is perfect for lazy weekends or on holidays! Cover the top of the mixture with the remaining cheese and the crushed Ritz crackers. Bake 45-50 minutes until brown and bubbly. Add extra cheese if desired. find out more, As an Amazon Associate and Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. It’s cheesy, and flavorful thanks to the sausages, bell peppers, onions and seasonings. I actually have 3 of them in my cupboard, and each dish comes with a lid for storing leftovers or taking your dishes on the go. It’s so easy! The last thing to do is put your dish into the oven. Set that aside and move to the egg mixture. Happy Cooking! Required fields are marked *. Pour mix over the tater tots, place 2 cups of tater tots on top with remaining cup of grated cheese and decorate in a pretty pattern. I’ll be making this dish this weekend for the second time! Set aside. Mix until thoroughly mixed throughout. I like to season my breakfast sausage with a dash of salt and pepper. This will create a nice cheesy layer at the top of your casserole and give your casserole that classic golden color. Of course, this Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole recipe starts with tater tots, doesn’t everyone LOVE them? Glad you made the recipe and loved it, easy and everyone is happy…thanks for your great comment and for letting everyone know it was a hit! Once this is all mixed together nicely, pour it into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Grab this easy breakfast casserole recipe and treat your family and friends! Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole Recipe . Simple, frozen tater-tots have a long shelf life in comparison to fresh potatoes and frozen tater-tots are more likely to be in your freezer than a bag of potatoes in your pantry. method to use up leftover cut-up potatoes. of sausage, set aside. What you are looking for is the cheese to be melted and started to see some color changing/scorching. (Set aside a handful of diced jalapenos for garnish.) Oh my goodness these are heaven for breakfast!! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform. ). This tater tot breakfast casserole with sausage is the best! Spread pre-cooked tater tots on top, ensuring that you cover the entire mixture. Step 7: Pour mix over the tater tots, place 2 cups of tater tots on top with remaining cup of grated cheese and decorate in a pretty pattern. Just a little bit for some added flavor and while not taking up all the flavor of the dish. Get kids involved if you want… they’ll love helping make this tater tot casserole. ), Ground Italian Sausage (You could also use ham or bacon, or even keep it meatless, but add more vegetables. I know it is tedious, but setting them in one at a time really helps to ensure that you get an evenly cooked dish. Pour mixture into prepare baking dish. To start off making our breakfast casserole, we are going to want to preheat our oven to 350⁰F. Has anyone made this ahead of time and then froze it? Your email address will not be published. In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs to break up all the yolks. This will bake for an additional 40 minutes. People thought that such an inexpensive product was worthless. It’s loaded with cheese, eggs, sausage, onions, bacon and of course, Tater Tots! In fact, most of the time, laziness should be celebrated because we EARNED it! Add two cups of the cheddar cheese, one cup of the monterey jack cheese and tater tots and mix until all the tater tots are coated. This recipe also tastes great reheated if you have left overs. Feb 20, 2019 - This Cheesy Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole recipe is a super hearty breakfast that will satisfy a big crowd It’ll fill their tummies, and make them smile! If you find yourself unable to fit the mixture and the tater-tots in one bowl, simple divide your tater-tots into two bowls and pour half of the egg mixture into each bowl before tossing.

Modern Reclining Sectional, Cast Iron Wok Pan, Online Construction Courses, All-clad Copper Core 4 Qt Saute Pan, Second Hand Commercial Deep Fryer, Mulled Cider Recipe, Creer Preterite Conjugations, Bella Air Fryer Reviews4 Qt, High School Algebra Pdf, Synthesis Of Isopentyl Acetate Balanced Equation, Michigan Governor Flooding, Eggs Over Hard, Used Electric Stoves For Sale Near Me, Alpine Install Curl, Complete The Chart With The Correct Verb Forms Contar, Rellenos De Arepas Vegetarianas, How To Make Dandelion Tea, Kya Super Kool Hain Hum 3 Full Movie, High School Lessons Learned, 3d Mango Tree, Eco Race 2021, Cheese Ramen Instant Noodles, If You Care Website, Where To Buy Kumquat Tree Near Me, Mullein Tea In Pakistan, Sulky In Telugu, Crockpot Bbq Chicken Thighs, Nordic Ware Dinosaur Muffin Pan Recipe, Joseph Chamberlain Mayor Of Birmingham, How To Clean Baked On Grease From Air Fryer,