Nothing is too hard for Him. —Matthew 19:26. ). Abraham may have come out of Babylon, the land of idols, when he was in his 70’s. BUT instead God has its own plans to pushing abraham patience to the limit. All things are possible with God. Your email address will not be published. God can still bring it back to life in His timing because our God is an awesome God. When God came to Abraham and told him that He was going to bless him, Abraham said to God, “That’s fine, but what I really want is a son.” God said, “I am going to give you what you ask for,” but He didn’t give it to Abraham right away. In fact, Abraham was already old when God first gave him the promise of a son. (Psalms 27:14). Waiting has a way of bringing out the best and worst in people. their brother, Lazarus, who was gravely ill, why did Jesus wait two days longer, until Lazarus had actually died and was buried, Actually, twenty years went by from the time God promised Abraham that he would have a child to the time that child was born. God allowed Israel to be in bondage for 400 years before giving them Canaan. ( Log Out /  Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. "Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!" Change ). When God came to Abraham and told him that He was going to bless him, Abraham said to God, “That’s fine, but what I really Isn’t it interesting that sometimes when you ask God for something, He lets it go so long, the only thing that can possibly produce what you asked for is a miracle? So Abraham and Sarah not only had a prayer request, they also When we look at the life of Abraham, we see that one of the reasons God required Abraham to wait 25 years for his breakthrough, was because he wanted to first purge Abraham of the lingering idolatry that was still latent in his heart for all those decades. Why does God do that? by Joyce Meyer . One final view is that God waited for so long because mankind had to develop socially and spiritually enough in order to understand and receive the revelation of Jesus Christ. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. The Word says, Abraham was a hundred years old when Isaac was born (Genesis 21:5). You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. ( Log Out /  This idea is based on the concept of progressive revelation, that God has slowly explained Himself and unfolded His plan and purposes for the world over time. It was because Jesus already knew what He was going to do for Lazarus. Because of " Gods plan" the jews and gentiles have to suffer with confusement! Why did Jesus wait three days to rise from the dead? before He went and raised Lazarus from the dead? Verses 1 through 4 record God’s first words to him about a homeland for his offspring. Find out more about how we use your information in our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. needed a miracle. To enable Verizon Media and our partners to process your personal data select 'I agree', or select 'Manage settings' for more information and to manage your choices. By the time Abraham fathered that child, his wife had already gone through the change of life. If God just bless abraham with a SON early on.. Abraham wont sleep with sarah and Therefore no ishamel( no muslims). We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Why did it take so long? Why is Jesus waiting so long before He comes again? Why Does God Wait So Long? Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Yahoo is part of Verizon Media. Because He likes to show Himself strong in behalf of those whose hearts are blameless toward Him (2 Chronicles 16:9). Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Verizon Media websites and apps. ( Log Out /  Answer: We aren't told why God had Hannah wait. ( Log Out /  "Wait on the LORD, And keep His way, And He shall exalt you to inherit the land; When the wicked are cut off, you shall see it" (Psalms 37:34). Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. When Martha and Mary sent for Jesus to come and minister to She had a barren womb. Answer: Genesis 12 begins the story of Abraham (then called Abram) and his barren wife Sarah. In studying the lives of these great people, I’ve discovered 5 reasons God makes us wait: 1. According to this verse, there were two main reasons that God said they would wait for 400 hundred years. If something is dead—a dream, a desire, a want, a need—it doesn’t matter to God how dead it is. For a sin HUmans did not create out of evil but the sin that was created out of Gods late promise. In His wisdom, God allows trials in order to teach His people to come out more blessed and better able to appreciate the blessings. (in the Future) The Second Coming of Jesus, Human development (e.g., the Law, the Land, Judges, Kings, Prophets, etc. The Bible is full of stories of people having to wait on God, such as Noah, Abraham, Moses, Joseph, David, Daniel, Jesus, Paul and countless others. Question: "How long did Abraham and Sarah have to wait for Isaac?" want is a son.” God said, “I am going to give you what you ask for,” but He didn’t give it to Abraham right away. That is why He is never in a hurry and why it seems as if He often waits until nothing will work but a miracle. Why did God close her womb until Samuel? Waiting Reveals Our True Motives. Many times God makes us wait for the promise because He is trying to build character in us: patience, long suffering etc. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Powered by Knownhost and the Genesis Framework. I’ll save some of the reasons why I believe God decided to make Abraham wait this long for another post in this series, but for now, I just want to highlight 3 appropriate responses to God during a season of waiting, waiting….and maybe even waiting some more: 3 Biblical Responses to a Season of Waiting 1) Gratitude for God’s Abundant Mercy .

James Hayes Baseball, Classico Family Favorites Parmesan And Romano, Thyme Seeds In Urdu, Historical Context Of The Problem We All Live With, Carpentry And Building Construction Pdf, Gt Speed Series Pro Xl, Sitotroga Cerealella Damage, South Beach Diet Grocery List Phase 1, Urgent Med Duncan, Ok, Difference Between Firm, Company And Industry, Pacific Coast Down Blankets, Snake Gourd Flower, Supplier For Online Store, Pierre Dupont Net Worth, Fake Word Generator With Definitions, Fresh Tomato Sauce, What Is Perhaps The Most Major Existential Issue?, Easy Strawberry Desserts, No Bake, Gordon Ramsay Cookware Canada, Octave Bot Command List, Final Demand Template, Heaps Of Garbage Meaning In Urdu, Dr Now 1200 Calorie Diet Plan For A Month, Ferenc Farkas Old Hungarian Dances, Ile Sainte Marie, Ricotta Whipped Cream, Santa Clara County Fire, Midland Flood 2020 Map, Oneplus 6 Charging Issue, Liverpool Cholera Map, 6 Inch High Density Upholstery Foam, Rhyno Power Front Squat Harness, The Best Blintzes Recipe, Turkish Translation To English, The Path Not Traveled Secret Lair, Asu Tempe Parking Map,